It’s My Time Now!
Scripture: Galatians 4:1-7
Subject: It’s My Time Now!
- Embrace God’s work of Salvation through Jesus Christ.
- My point is this: heirs, as long as they are minors, are no better than slaves, though they are the owners of all the property; 2 but they remain under guardians and trustees until the date set by the father. 3 So with us; while we were minors, we were enslaved to the elemental spirits of the world. Galatians 4:1–3 (NRSV)
- In Lystra there was a man sitting who could not use his feet and had never walked, for he had been crippled from birth. 9 He listened to Paul as he was speaking. And Paul, looking at him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, 10 said in a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.” And the man sprang up and began to walk. Acts 14:8–10 (NRSV)
- God sent his Son not the law.
- But when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law. Galatians 4:4 (NRSV)
- Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”— 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:13–14 (NRSV)
- My Father is the father of us all.
- In order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children. Galatians 4:5 (NRSV)
- But now that faith has come, we are no longer subject to a disciplinarian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith. Galatians 3:25–26 (NRSV)
- I believe God’s work in Jesus Christ has given me Ownership.
- And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7 So you are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God. Galatians 4:6–7 (NRSV)
- So then, brothers and sisters, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ—if, in fact, we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him. Romans 8:12–17 (NRSV)
- It’s My Time Now! To Believe; To Rejoice; To take Ownership; Accept God’s Spirit of Jesus in my Heart!